A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- Chicxulub and the deccan eruptions: Just a coincidence?
- Mystery of India’s rapid move toward Eurasia 80 million years ago explained
- Undersea volcano: Axial Seamount off Northwest coast is erupting
- Marshes, reefs, beaches can enhance coastal resilience
- Seafloor sensors record possible eruption of underwater volcano
- Did dinosaur-killing asteroid trigger largest lava flows on Earth?
- Rupture along the Himalayan Front
- New solar telescope peers deep into the sun to track the origins of space weather
- Landslides, mudslides likely to remain a significant threat in Nepal for months
- How cracking explains underwater volcanoes and the Hawaiian bend
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.