A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- El Niño stunts children's growth in Peru
- Erosion may trigger earthquakes
- Volcanic ash clouds can cross Atlantic Ocean
- Geologists shed light on formation of Alaska Range
- Prehistoric landslide discovery rivals largest known on surface of Earth
- Small volcanic eruptions could be slowing global warming
- High earthquake danger in Tianjin, China
- Subtle shifts in the Earth could forecast earthquakes, tsunamis
- Tornados of fire: Examining the fire whirl phenomenon
- Climate capers of the past 600,000 years
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.