A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- Fukushima accident underscores need for U.S. to seek out new information about nuclear plant hazards
- How much magma is hiding beneath our feet? Mysteries of Earth's crust pierced
- Oso disaster had its roots in earlier landslides
- Jeju Island, Korea is a live volcano
- Storm-triggered landslides: Examining causes of devastating debris flow
- Catastrophic debris avalanches: A second volcanic hazard
- Is the U.S. National Flood Insurance Program affordable?
- New view of Mount Rainier's volcanic plumbing: Electrical images show upward flow of fluids to magma chamber
- 70-foot-long, 52-ton concrete bridge survives series of simulated earthquakes
- Rainwater discovered at new depths, with high pressure and temperatures over 300 degrees Celsius
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.