A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- New mechanism of erosion: Gorges are eradicated by downstream sweep erosion
- Study of Chilean quake shows potential for future earthquake
- Foreshock series controls earthquake rupture
- 2010 Chilean earthquake causes icequakes in Antarctica
- Still hot inside the Moon: Tidal heating in the deepest part of the lunar mantle
- Flood risk visualization software
- Sulfur signals in Antarctic snow reveal clues to climate, past and future
- Gasses from Kilauea volcano affected tropical storm Flossie formation
- Fukushima accident underscores need for U.S. to seek out new information about nuclear plant hazards
- How much magma is hiding beneath our feet? Mysteries of Earth's crust pierced
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.