A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- Deadly Japan earthquake and tsunami spurred global warming, ozone loss
- Soils retain, contain radioactivity in Fukushima
- A stiff new layer in Earth's mantle
- An 'octopus' robot with eight limbs developed to clear rubble in Fukushima, Japan
- Scientists fly kites on Earth to study Mars
- Finding fault: New information may help understand earthquakes
- Ancient Caribbean tsunami caused by volcano collapse smaller than thought
- Post-fire logging can reduce fuels for up to 40 years in regenerating forests, new study finds
- Geologists urge preparation for landslides
- News coverage of Fukushima disaster minimized health risks to general population
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.