A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- Mysterious volcanic eruption of 1808 described
- New explanation for origin of plate tectonics: What set Earth's plates in motion?
- Exxon Valdez 2014: Does media coverage of humanmade disasters contribute to consumer complacency?
- Mega-quake possible for subduction zones along 'Ring of Fire,' new study suggests
- Cost-share programs encourage most to mitigate wildfire danger
- How a change in slope affects lava flows
- Major earthquake may occur off coast of Istanbul, seismic shifts suggest
- New study reconstructs mega-earthquakes timeline in Indian Ocean
- Textbook theory behind volcanoes may be wrong
- New, inexpensive method for understanding earthquake topography
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.