A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- Urbanization exposes French cities to greater seismic risk
- Activity more than location affects perception of earthquakes
- Japanese Town: Half the survivors of mega-earthquake, tsunami, have PTSD symptoms
- Santorini tree rings support the traditional dating of the volcanic eruption
- First-ever 3-D image created of the structure beneath Sierra Negra volcano
- When disaster strikes: Safeguarding networks
- Insights into plate tectonics, the forces behind earthquakes, volcanoes
- European flood risk could double by 2050
- Offshore wind farms could tame hurricanes before they reach land
- Volcanoes contribute to recent global warming 'hiatus'
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.