A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- Even in restored forests, extreme weather strongly influences wildfire's impacts
- Scientists observe the Earth grow a new layer under an Icelandic volcano
- 2011 Japan earthquake: Fault had been relieving stress at accelerating rate for years
- Re-thinking Southern California earthquake scenarios in Coachella Valley, San Andreas Fault
- Source of volcanoes may be much closer than thought: Geophysicists challenge traditional theory underlying origin of mid-plate volcanoes
- NASA's CATS eyes clouds, smoke and dust from the space station
- Exploring a large, restless volcanic field in Chile
- Education is key to climate adaptation
- El Niño stunts children's growth in Peru
- Erosion may trigger earthquakes
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.