A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- Yellowstone supereruption would send ash across North America
- Pacific plate shrinking as it cools
- Citizen scientists saving lives around deadly 'Throat of Fire' volcano
- Challenges faced by nurses in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy
- Severe drought is causing the western US to rise like a spring uncoiling
- Wildland fire modeling can lead to better predictions
- New mechanism of erosion: Gorges are eradicated by downstream sweep erosion
- Study of Chilean quake shows potential for future earthquake
- Foreshock series controls earthquake rupture
- 2010 Chilean earthquake causes icequakes in Antarctica
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.