A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- A new level of earthquake understanding: Surprise findings from San Andreas Fault rock sample
- Yellowstone: Geysers erupt periodically because they have loops in their plumbing
- Impact of tsunami on the Columbia River
- Global rainfall satellites require massive overhaul
- Buildings with 'rocking' technology would be more earthquake-resilient
- Floods created home of Europe's biggest waterfall
- Earth's surprise inside: Geologists unlock mysteries of the planet's inner core
- Understanding the copper heart of volcanoes: Scientists find link between volcanism and the formation of copper ore
- Seafloor volcano pulses may alter climate: Strikingly regular patterns, from weeks to eons
- Satellite science improves storm surge forecasting around the world
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.