A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- Hippos-Sussita excavation: Silent evidence of the earthquake of 363 CE
- Should the Japanese give nuclear power another chance?
- Rising above the risk: America's first tsunami refuge
- A global surge of great earthquakes from 2004-2014 and implications for Cascadia
- New methods to calculate risk of floods
- Massive debris pile reveals risk of huge tsunamis in Hawaii
- Earthquakes in the ocean: Towards a better understanding of their precursors
- Australian volcanic mystery explained
- Journey to the center of the Earth: Geochemist uses helium and lead isotopes to gain insight into makeup of planet’s deep interior
- Hydraulic fracturing linked to earthquakes in Ohio
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.