A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- Fossils survive volcanic eruption to tell us about the origin of the Canary Islands
- Geophysicists find the crusty culprits behind sudden tectonic plate movements
- Volcanic eruption on Cape Verde Island
- Rescuing farmland after a flood
- Small volcanic eruptions partly explain 'warming hiatus'
- How the 'beast quake' is helping scientists track real earthquakes
- Fracking in Ohio confirmed as cause of rare earthquake strong enough to be felt
- The right route to disaster relief: Algorithm automatically finds quickest way to calamity-affected sites
- The tsunami-early warning system for the indian ocean: Ten years after
- Even in restored forests, extreme weather strongly influences wildfire's impacts
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.