A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- More, bigger wildfires burning western US over last 30 years
- Floating nuclear plants could ride out tsunamis: New design for enhanced safety, easier siting and centralized construction
- Ant colonies help evacuees in disaster zones
- Researchers propose network-based evaluation tool to assess relief operations feasibility
- Earthquake simulation tops one petaflop mark
- Tibetan Plateau was larger than previously thought, geologists say
- Scientists reconstruct ancient impact that dwarfs dinosaur-extinction blast
- More Earthquakes for Chile? Seismic gap has not been closed
- Hot mantle drives elevation, volcanism along mid-ocean ridges
- NASA model provides a 3-D look at L.A.-area quake
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.