A supervolcano’s explosion or the impact of a large asteroid could produce an ice age, a severe deterioration of global climate that could last for years or even decades, causing agricultural collapse, massive disruption of food supplies, interruption of air transportation, enormous energy shortage, spread of pandemics, political instability and the destruction of the basic structure of our civilization.After one of these events day becomes night for months stopping photosynthesis and freezing conditions produce very severe global effects on animals and vegetation, including major extinctions.
What are you looking for?
Recent Natural Disasters News
- Dwindling bird populations in Fukushima
- Extreme geohazards: Reducing the disaster risk, increasing resilience
- Researchers test smartphones for earthquake warning
- New research complicates seismic hazard for British Columbia, Alaska region
- California quake risk: Newly discovered link between Calaveras, Hayward faults means potentially larger earthquakes
- Scientists discover elusive secret of how continents formed
- 200th anniversary of Tambora eruption a reminder of volcanic perils
- Seabed samples rewrite earthquake history near Istanbul
- Volcanic eruptions found to durably impact climate through alterations to North Atlantic Ocean circulation
- Deadly Japan earthquake and tsunami spurred global warming, ozone loss
Copyright 2007 Prophecies of Armageddon.